The work undertaken by our tree surgeons and fencing contractors carries certain inherent dangers. From working at height to the use of heavy duty machinery, we take every precaution necessary to put our clients in Tunbridge Wells at ease. We recognise that tree surgery work can bring stress and concern but, as time-served arboriculture and garden fencing specialists with training to the highest NPTC standards, we assure our customers safety is always our primary concern. As such, we take great pride in our safety record in every area, from stump grinding to crown reductions.
Each of our tree surgeons undergoes thorough in-house training as well as receiving a refresher of Healthy & Safety regulations. We firmly believe that any individual representing our company, from stump grinding procedures to the installation of garden fencing, produces their best results when working in full compliance with HSE legislation.
For the benefit of our customers in Tunbridge Wells, we have outlined the range of training, accreditation and understanding of Health & Safety legislation a tree surgeon requires before they can undertake the responsibilities expected of our tree surgeons and fencing contractors.
From Tree Surgery to Garden Fencing | Safety Regulations
- As a tree surgery company, we must abide by the ‘Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999’. This includes carrying out risk assessments of every Tunbridge Wells work site where we perform tree surgery, stump grinding and garden fencing installations.
- Each of our tree surgeons and fencing contractors receives guidance and training in line with the ‘Work at Height Regulations 2005’. Compliance with this legislation ensures the ongoing safety of the climbing harnesses, ladders and other equipment used by our tree surgeons above ground level.
- Tree surgery work requires the regular use of chainsaws at locations in the Tunbridge Wells area. In order to reduce the dangers of this tool, we provide training to our tree surgeons in accordance with the ‘Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998’.
- We also offer our tree surgeons and fencing contractors training for specialist equipment such as hydraulic lifts. Compliance with the ‘Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998’ further enhances the safety of our tree surgeons, our Tunbridge Wells clients and their property.
- Each of our tree surgeons and fencing contractors onsite in Tunbridge Wells wears the required PPE including safety helmets, hearing protectors, eye protection, gloves and boots in accordance with the ‘Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992’.
- The tree surgery, stump grinding and garden fencing work we undertake in Tunbridge Wells can often produce harmful substances like petrol fumes and sawdust. To minimise the harmful effects of these, our tree surgeons and fencing contractors receive training that adheres with the ‘Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002’.
For more details regarding tree surgery, stump grinding and garden fencing in Tunbridge Wells, call 01342 821 196 or 07917 734 408.